Reporting by Ship Date

intelligence

Description:Description: I would like to see a report by ship date as opposed to the date the order is created. I have customers who pre-order products months in advance and if I want to include their order in a monthly report, I have to run a report months in the past and then sort through everything. Why is Tradegecko creating more work for me? As a Sales manager, this is a very basic function that shouldn’t be that hard for TradeGecko to create
Why is this feature important? This function is important because I have too many things to do with my job, than to screw around sorting through spreadsheets trying to manipulate the data that I need.
Please describe how you would use this feature: I would run a sales report of what orders shipped for the current month, as opposed to running a report for the past 5 months and then sift through data. Anyone who has worked as a sales manager know this. I’m really surprised that you do not have this function already. I would use this function for commission reports, monthly sales reports, my bonus reports depend on an accurate monthly shipped reports, and planning inventory depends on this report.
If we do not work on this feature, how will this impact your business? It will waste a lot of my time, make me less efficient and I 'll have less confidence in my reporting. If I don’t believe my reporting, how can I make accurate inventory judgements and place solid orders from our factory? It’s almost negligent that a report like this does not exist.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate that this is an important feature for you, however it is not on our short-term roadmap. We’ll update this post when there are changes to this feature!

I totally agree. +1 from me.

I would strongly agree.Being able to extract reporting based on the ship date is extremely important. Please re-consider and add this to your short-term roadmap!

+1 for this feature. TG, please build out the reporting capability

Hi @knut, @melissa1, @cje, i’ve heard a few different cases now. Invoice date, paid date, and ship date. Is invoice the best one to add first because the commission would be paid then?