Additional fields for relationship-specific product information

b2b-ecommerce

The company I work for started effectively dropshipping for a major UK retail outlet at the end of last year; the retailer takes the orders from the customer, pass them on to us, and we ship direct to customer but invoice the retailer. As a result, I have to compile all of these orders as separate line items, with separate shipments for each order. To put this in perspective, this order from before Christmas ran to 133 shipments over a two week span!

When processing such orders, I need to add two extra pieces of data to each line - a catalogue ID (which is needed in the invoice, as it’s how the retailer references our items in their system) and a customer name (as this is how we tie each line to a shipment and individual order in the retailer’s system).

Obviously, the customer name will usually be unique, and the notes field is perfect for said data, but is it possible to add an extra field in the product information pages that would be linked to a particular relationship, and only display on their orders and invoices? For example, if we can have individual price lists for each supplier, could we not have something similar for product ID?

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate that this is an important feature for you, however it is not on our short-term roadmap. We’ll update this post when there are changes to this feature!

^5 months later to reply?

Additional custom fields for products are crucial. Please add this to the short-term roadmap.